JOO>> Potentially someone could write a driver to allow Win 95 to
JOO>> see Linux partitions, but are you sure you want to do that?

It's done, so the question is invalid. Though last time I looked operation
with the EXT2 tools was a bit painful (somewhat like CP/M or even worse),
but that was more than 2 years ago...

JOO>> The reason I ask is that at that point you would lose the
JOO>> security of your system, because Win 95 knows nothing about
JOO>> Linux's security, so it would be as if someone was logged in
JOO>> as root whenever they viewed the Linux filesystem from Win 95.

So what? You just can use Norton Disk Editor or whatever to find the
/etc/passwd on raw disk and wipe root password. I did it once when I was
young and did not know about init=/bin/sh. If you have means to access a
device circumventing OS mechanisms, you have Full Control (TM) on the
device anyway, with or without driver.

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]      \/  There shall be counsels taken
Stanislav Malyshev      /\  Stronger than Morgul-spells