"Stanislav Malyshev a.k.a Frodo" wrote:

> Also, why Hebrew is "two-byte charset"? I alsways thought that hebrew
> charset in not different from any other in this regard...

AFAIK Hebrew is not two MBCS (Multi byte Character) langugae. This is
true only with far-eastern languages (like Japnesse) that sometimes uses
1 and sometimes 2 bytes to reperesent a char.

And all of this is still different from Unicode which is wide char, that
is ALWAYS uses two bytes to represent a char...

Me thinks.

--
Gilad Ben-Yossef <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
G.Tek Technologies ltd http://www.gtekil.com