Eli Marmor writes:

[I assume that the original mail proposed writing in Hebrew in
 Linux-IL; I couldn't read it.]

 > A very positive initiative!

Oh. Here it comes... Eventually this was expected. Personally I'd
prefer everything to stay English (it's just much easier, simpler, and
has worked for us so long; besides, there's a large contingent of
Russian-speaking population here that has troubles with Hebrew), but
I'm not the only one here.

If we're going to have Hebrew here, lets not have another mailing list
for that. Otherwise each topic would diverge into two threads on the
two mailing lists, probably with a lot of repetition, and people
asking things that have been discussed on the other list. As to
standards, lest standardize on *one* of them, the one that's supported
best under Linux (I'd suppose that to be Visual/ISO-8859-8?). The last
thing we need is people posting in different standards all over the
place.

One thing we *must* agree on now, though, is not to duscuss possible
discussions in Hebrew in Hebrew -- you exclude a large population that
is still (technically) not ready for that.

--
Alex Shnitman                            | http://www.debian.org
[EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]   +-----------------------

Linux and other Open Source advocates are making a progressively more
credible argument that Open Source software is at least as robust --
if not more -- than commercial alternatives. The Internet provides an
ideal, high-visibility showcase for the Open Source world.
        -- Internal Microsoft memo