OA>> you can use KDM which comes with KDE, or - I know that the latest GNOME
OA>> release also features their own replacement for XDM, but I don't remember
OA>> how it's called (GDM ??)

Yes, it's gdm. I use it, and it's OK. I even wrote random texture changer
for it :) Textures are all from KDE :) Some versions of it (included a
number of released ones) were broken and needed patching, but the author
knew about it then - so you may expect now it's functional. It looks great
and has a number of interesting features, which noone really needs, but
which look not bad :))

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]      \/  There shall be counsels taken
Stanislav Malyshev      /\  Stronger than Morgul-spells