Oded Arbel wrote:

> On Sun, 16 May 1999, Oren Shomron wrote:
>
> > I heard somewhere that KDE has Hebrew support, but
> > I didn't find any information on their website.
> There;s no information about it in their website, nor there is about the
> other 30 or so languages that KDE supports.

I recall having many languages on their site,
when I tried to access some documentation, no hebrew there.

> > I was wondering what kind of support there is and
> > how I can take advantage of it?
> well, the support is very limited in the sense of the supoprt that hebrew
> needs (RTL), but it not diffrent then the support for any other language
> (no arabic) - some of the menus and texts that are built in are
> translated, and also there is a "international keyboard" utility which acts in
> a way similat to MS-Windows' which allows you to write hebrw characters
> (but still - only left to right). it's nice, and much better then the NO
> support you get everywhere else.

Hopefuly this will change with QT2....

> in order for this to work , you'll need some kind of hebrew fonts
> installed on your system, otherwise you'll see losta mambo jumbo instead
> of hebrw chars. I use a TrueType font server (xfstt) and the fonts from
> windows. Netscape will still require "web fonts" to view hebrw pages, but
> KDE's browser/file manager KFM will allow you to view hebrew pages in any
> font type that you wish.
>
> Oded

Actually,
Do you know where I can find hebrew fonts NOT belonging to windows?
I want to have some better hebrew fonts (not for kde though),
but fortunatly, i don't have windows at al....

--

The day Microsoft makes something that doesn't suck,
is probably the day they start making vacuum cleaners...