Hello fellow ILUG friends,

in regard of the last diner beeing held in TA, I really suggest that we
convene in our beautiful capital this time.

Also another idea popped up: To solve all the problems with kosher/non
kosher, veggie and personal preferences, why not do a Linux picnic/BBQ
where everybody brings his own favorite drink & food to grill (veggie
burger, fish, steaks etc.). I would gladly volunteer to bring the coals
and am sure somebody who has a BBQ device will volunteer to bring it. This
would also make the whole issue a lot cheaper (I recall paying Pizza Huts
hefty prices for tiny pizza) and solve the fighting about restourants or
pubs.

Jerusalem has many parks to offer where such a picnic would be very nice
to hold, while car & bus access is easy.

Another point would be the possibility to bring family along and not have
a geek-only meeting, but turn the whole event into something bigger.

I find it very important to cultivate the Linux community in Israel, but
I think that till now we did not leave the borders of a geek club.

Special Attention all Jerusalemites: If you are (even remotely) interested
in a Linux-initiated meeting (in whatever form) in Jerusalem, please speak
up and especially send an email to me to announce your interest.

Special Attention to those who are at the HUJI Givat Ram Campus: In
addition to the above you are invited to come and meet me at my office in
the Computer class in the Harman science library, tel. 65-85812 in order
to get to know each other and hammer out details of the meeting.

Intended date of the meeting: somwhere in the range of 18-23 August 1999,
preferrably Thursday (19.8) or Friday (20.8).

Sincerely Yours,
Schlomo Schapiro

PS: In absence of anybody taking command, I volunteer to do so. If anybody
objects (s)he is invited to do so by him/herself instead or together with
me, but somebody has to do it and has to keep pushing.