Alex Shnitman wrote:

> > >  yes the filesystem corruption, has begin with 2.2.7.
> >
> > To the best of my knowledge, the bug was introduced in 2.2.8. I have 2.2.7
> > running on several production servers with no problems.
>
> I had been running all 2.2.x kernels on my server, skipping .0 and .6
> and maybe some other one which I don't remember. I haven't seen any
> problems. The corruption only happens in some special cases.

Most of the bugs and problems happend in special cases,
but this is a production kernel,
and there is no reason for RH to put a warning label "in cases *** you
must not use this kernel".

Besides,
these cases must be quite common if they caused such a fuss.

--

The day Microsoft makes something that doesn't suck,
is probably the day they start making vacuum cleaner software...