TC>> As newer versions of iso-639 define 'he', and as HTML 4.0 uses 'he',

Well, W3C itself says "he" in one place and "iw" in another... The
standard was once to set names by *native* transcription. Thus "de" and
not "ge", "iw" and not "he". Seems that as with HTML, they came bored with
following even their own rules and started to define things "just because
we can and everybody will accept that anyway, and if not - we could change
it again and again".

TC>> as well as XFree86 and glibc include 'he' in their more recent versios;

*That's* nice now. So everyone that happened to use that locale now find
their systems to stop working. Really, really nice.

About glibc - my version (2.1.1 from RH) still uses "iw", and X locales
don't mention it at all. But if this changes, that's really good
"surprise" and doesn't add to "product stability" of Linux at all.
--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]      \/  There shall be counsels taken
Stanislav Malyshev      /\  Stronger than Morgul-spells