I try to stay out of this argument , as after all I'm preety new and don't
really know how you handle things here . but few short notes

1)HUJI is linked through internet II and I doubt if you could find
american ISP that would work faster for you..the few minutes lag till you
get a message is from the sendmail/exim that only try to deliver mail at
certain times.

2)listar allow far admins and actually linux-il has admins which are not
huji people and then can change everything trough e-mail from sub and
unsub to rewriting the config file

3)If Ira think me and other list admins doesn't do much I would gladly
forward him all the error messages/bounce mistakes I get like 20 of htem
per day i avrage.

4)I donno what you want from list-owner or vadik the e-mail address for
admin problems is [EMAIL PROTECTED] and one of the admins
would answer.

5)the fact I don't activly pushly admin the list is cause I don't know it
good enough and it would be kinda rude of me don't you think?

if you think you can do better work with egroups go ahead:)
sound to me that it's not me who doesn't care about admining the list
but you guys who doesn't care about making it a normal webpage:)
and btw if you really have problems with 1 guy having access to the
webpage just make it somewhere publicy and give access to 4k ppl:)

ohh and one last 2 points listar doesn't allow e-mail harvert like i
asking the server who subscribed to the list (you can try it it won't let
you unless you are admin)

and 2 in case you think it's weird you get not spam ....
well hujics does run a spam filter and must spam mail just stops there..
and listar got even another spam filter..but it's hardly used..

if you go to large company like egroups you would have much more chance of
getting spam..

well may the force be with you guys:)

ll&p

Ely Levy