> I would like to change or upgrade the Red Hat 5.2 Linux distribution of
> my private workstation+College laboratories.
> How is RH 6.1? How is Suse 6.3? or maybe Caldera?

Don't ask Linux lists such questions...

But even if you vote for RedHat, why (the hell^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H) should
you choose an obsolete and ancient version ???  6.2 is going to be
launched in a few days. Do yourself a favor, and wait a few days. Like
newspapers, there is no older than an obsolete Linux version.

In general, waiting is always a good idea, and the answer for most of
the questions in this list. Let me show it: Let's take as an example
Miki's question (Solaris vs. Linux). He asks: "Now, that both are Open
Source, what is the difference and which is better?". So before
celebrating, wait a little to be sure that Solaris' source code is
really opened. Then, only then, ask the question. Without waiting,
maybe the question will never be relevant.

--
Eli Marmor