Mike wrote:

> Hi list.
> I partitioned my disk to have 2.5 GB on /home and only 600+ on /usr
> /home and /usr are NOT close to each other (sda2,sda3).
>
> Is there any way to enlarge the /usr partition (using the /home partition)
> without damaging the partitions ?
> In the worst case i can delete the /home partition....painful but can live
> with that.

GNU parted is supposed to be able to do that correctly.
You might also want to try (commercial) Partition Magic, as it's more
user friendly.

However, the docs for both products advise to back up your data before
resizing partitions. For example, if you lose power in the middle of
resizing, your data may very well be dead.

Gavrie.

--
Gavrie Philipson
Netmor Applied Modeling Research Ltd.