On 1 May 2000, Oleg Goldshmidt wrote:

> Printing-HOWTO and Printing-Usage-HOWTO didn't discuss specific
> printer models.
>
> Well, more search revealed that there is Printing-HOWTO-4 in a number

printing-howto-4 is the 5th page in the printing-howto you found so
useless.

> http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/Printing-HOWTO-4.html
> http://www.linux.org/help/ldp/howto/Printing-HOWTO-4.html
> http://www.linux.com/howto/Printing-HOWTO-4.html

http://www.linux.org.il/LDP/HOWTO/Printing-HOWTO-4.html

.. let's not forget :-)

> Now I am wondering what criteria Red Hat uses to decide which HOWTOs
> should be included in the distribution, and which should not.

Mandrake 7.0 dropped all howtos(!), RedHat followed by throwing them out
but keeoing them on a special documentation CD, which I'd expect
includes the entire LDP without filtering. in any case, consider our
local mirror to be your friend...

http://www.linux.org.il/LDP/

--
Ira Abramov ; Penguinophile ; www.linux.org.il