On Thu, 4 May 2000, Ira Abramov wrote:

> I killed gmc and other useless bits

I don't know what you classify as "useless" bits, but note that gmc is
dead -- it's being officially replaced by nautilus, Eazels lead project.
I'm sorry to say I won't be talking about either nautilus or Evolution,
two highly cool projects, in my lecture, but they're on CVS
(http://cvs.gnome.org) in case anyone wants to have a look.

[About KDE development]

[Ira]
> I can't say even Caldera (one of their main supporters) is
> doing that.

[Moshe]
> Isn't Mandrake supporting KDE? Or have I got my facts wrong again?

[Ira]
> they SUPPORT it, but not doing any actual KDE 2.0 development AFAIK.

I guess we have different meaning for the word support. You seem to say it
in the "Microsoft" sense -- they agree to look helpful on the phone, while
I use it in the "Free Software" sense -- they actively fund devlopment and
bug fixing.

--
Moshe Zadka <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://www.oreilly.com/news/prescod_0300.html