Quoth Alex Shnitman on Thu, May 04, 2000:
> Oh dear... here it is:
> mkfifo .signature
> (while true; do fortune > .signature; done) &

I still stand behind my opinion that FIFO is not a good solution,
but...  Hey, Linux people, you're talking about relative merits
of Qt vs. GTK and Perl vs. Python, and Alex the Silent is the
only one who can do _this_?

It reminds me of cat(1) answering SMTP requests on my home
machine.

Vadik.

--
It was state of the art, he said.
The art in this case was probably pottery.