On Thu, 1 Jun 2000, Chen Shapira wrote:

> Ouch.
> The fact that Debian Gnu/Linux is the only free speach distribution doesn't
> make RedHat and Mandrake illegal software trafficers. Not any more than Sun
> is.

Some of us treat propriety software as uniform badness. This isn't
strictly true (notice me disagreeing with RMS): propriety software which
makes it intentionally hard to write free alternatives/complementary
software is more evil. But, I must say I think that all those you mention,
being involved in non-free software trafficking, are an evil. It just so
happens Red Hat and Mandrake do enough good things (e.g., funding free
software) and Sun is doing not so bad things (sticking to standards so you
can interface them with free alternatives), that they are better then MS.

--
Moshe Zadka <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://www.oreilly.com/news/prescod_0300.html