Ilya Konstantinov wrote:

> Here's a problem I was able to sort out, even after
> going through the PPP FAQ and HOWTOs.
>
> I installed a 33k modem from Zoltrix (Rockwell chipset)
> and while it works, it works fairly stable, but each
> time after I restart the machine, or after a long
> delay (many hours of not using the modem
> to dialup), it will fail on the first connection
> attempt:

[snip]

Try turning on debug and kdebug 1, so you can see what the chat script
is actually doing. You'll also get to see the control packets
sent (in a human-readable form).

Do you have any of the ppp support code compiled as a module?
Check if any modules get loaded after the first time you
try to connect (slhc, compress etc), and try loading
them before you try to connect.

--
/--- [EMAIL PROTECTED] (remove spam_me) --------\