Eli Marmor wrote:

> And - yes, Notes/Domino is a very powerful software (I know it - I'm
> taking apart in its localization...).

Lotus Notes is much like a Iraqi automobile with a built-in coffee machine.
There are 100 other automobiles on the market, all better, significantly
more stable (at least from my experience) and with 1/100th the TCO and
downtime (Linux/*niX email solutions, even M$-Exchange), and there are 100
other coffee machines, all making coffee at least as good as this one (as
far as databases in Lotus go).
But THIS is the ONLY car that boasts a coffee machine. After having seen the
amount of money our company bleeds for having made the mistake of buying it,
after comparing downtime to what I got used to in the Unix world, I'd
seriously consider using paper snailmail before incorporating it in any
serious organization.

. My 2 cents..

Oh, almost forgot. The human engineering of the Lotus client was likely made
by a lobotomized retard chimpansee. Some of our IT managers still find it
difficult to set up a workstation after having worked with this software for
over a year. And they're *not that* braindead.

My theory says people buy it because it's expensive.

--
Miki Shapiro
Aladdin Knowledge Systems

Sex. Unix. Snowboarx.