Shachar Shemesh wrote:

> Actually, if you read the GPL, you will find it is perfectly legal for
> them to sell this product and not offer anyone the option to download for
> free. All the GPL requires them to do is to make the sources available to
> anyone who has legally obtained the binaries from them.

This is not 100% accurate. It is true that they are under no obligation
to give the program to anyone for free.

However, to comply with the GPL they must do either one of the following
two things:
1. Provide source code with the binaries they give (for fee or
otherwise) like putting the sources on an ftp site.
2. Provide a written obligation, good for at least three years, to
supply the source at the cost of physically transferring it to *any
third party* that asks for it. Note the any third party, not necessary
those that got the binaries from them.

A third option is also open, for non commercial bodies, but is not
applicable to Suse.

--
Gilad Ben-Yossef <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://kagoor.com | +972(9)9565333 x230 | +972(54)756701