From: Stanislav Malyshev a.k.a Frodo [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Mon, September 04, 2000 9:07 AM
To: Miki Shapiro
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: SuSE 7.0

MS>> Some people may say Im wrong on this, but RH is getting awfully
MS>> M$ftish. The dumb-user-approach saying "you don't really need to

That's true. You don't _need_ to know. Information hiding is good, look at
your software design guides. You still _can_ know, if you care. But
average user is not ought to care. He just want to get the work done,
which not always requires knowing about what's the difference between SMB
and DHCP.

MS>> know *how* your system ticks". Now if I wanted that, I would've
MS>> been running NT. And I still want

Now, the problem with NT is that here you _can't_ know. Details are not
just hidden there, they are locked so deep that most of developers outside
Microsoft don't know a damn about them, let alone users. And it's pretty
damn hard to find them out once MSDN is not enough for you.

BTW, does SuSE have auto-upgrade feature? This is not a flame - this is a
question, I have SuSE install ot there and didn't find how to make it do
something like up2date.
--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]      \/  There shall be counsels taken
Stanislav Malyshev      /\  Stronger than Morgul-spells