On Wed, 5 Jan 2000, Yoav Bornstein wrote:

> Hi list ...
> I installed the new mandrake and it's very good.
> but I have some Q's :

> 3. the hebrew works (with TTF fonts). buthow do I write hebrew ?

What Hebrew fonts exactly? Do you have iso10646-1 fonts?

Basically keyboard mapping has nothing to do with kde. Mandrake 7.1
allowed you to select hebrew language and hebrew keyboard at install time.
I assume 7.2 does the same.
You can also change to a hebrew keyboard after install time, using
keyboarddrake. That basically (put aside console key mapping config) edits
XF86Config.

What did you select on install time?

What do you have on XF86Config ? (all the options that begin with Xkb)

> 4. What's the best ICQ client that works with logical hebrew and KDE2 ?

gtkbidi gnomeicu -a
biditext kicq

Actually I use licq and simply cut&paste hebrew messages to a near-by text
editor (gvim or gtkbidi gedit)

--
Tzafrir Cohen
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]