Hi list !

I have a problem compiling KDE 1 applications, and since I think this one is
quite common on the distro I use (Mandrake 7.2) I would gather that many had
encountered this problem , so I'd like to hear input , if you please :

When trying to ./configure an application for KDE 1 (as most KDE
applications are today - including kdevelop), I get a report about problems
compiling a small KDE application (the headers are to blame) and then (if I
pass that one) a problem with linking the application (this time the
libraries are to blame).
I do have both kde1-compat RPMs installed, but they way I see it is this :
with the --prefix=/usr (as it should be for this system - nothing goes into
/opt here), ./configure (dumbly) prefer to use the headers from /usr/include
and the libraries from /usr/lib (where KDE2 and QT2 headers and libraries
sit) rather then the ones from the /usr/lib/kde1-compat and /usr/lib/qt
directories - even if I explicitly specify to use the headers and libraries
from the correct dirs (using --with-qt and --with-kde . note on that in a
sec)!
the configure script also does not recognize the --with-kde options though
it does recognize the --with-qt ones.
I know I can hack the configure script easily, but since I mostly want to
compile source RPMs, I think this is a bad solution (since it will require
me to path the sources after "installing" the RPM and before building it  -
for every package I install).
I can also specify --prefix=/usr/lib/kde1-compat
and --with-qt-dir=/usr/lib/qt in the spec file (which is easier then
patching the sources, but still not really desired), but I feel this is bad
too (correct me if I'm wrong, but that would cause the resulting binaries to
be installed under /usr/lib/kde1-compat/bin , right ?)

So - basically I was wandering if mayhap anyone out there has a magic
solution :-)

TIA

Oded

--
Pacey: "Isn't she beautiful ?"
Joey: "Yes, in a Titanic post-iceberg sort of way"