----- Original Message -----
> Well, allow me to add some info..
> KDE Studio Gold (and probably the free KDE Studio) will have also the
following
> features:
>
> * Integrated CVS handling. The same way (well, almost, it is still Linux)
that
> people are used to work with Source Safe.
KDevelop already has this (for a long time - since 1.1 ?), both with CVS and
RCS. for CVS work also checkout Cervisia - though it doesn't do everything
that Sourcesafe does, it's pretty cool, and has some nice features MS
haven't thought of yet :-)

> * Auto-completion - On this issue the chances are about 80% that it will
be in
The 'gold' edition has it. I haven't seen it in work, but it looks so much
cooler then Vstudio in the screenshots. also - note they have a different
implementation to parameter hinting : when hinting on overloaded functions,
VStudio will show you one version, mention there are others and allow you to
scroll through them. KDEstudio OTOH will show you all versions, consuming
valuable screen realastate.

> * Class browser - same, again, as Visual Studio.
Already has a nice Class browser, but KDevelop's cooler.

> * Integrated test console. KDE Studio Gold has a dockwidget that contains
> konsole KPart. This is useful in many ways, for example when testing
text-mode
> apps without leaving KDE Studio Gold.
That's nice - a really important feature, I'd love to have this in KDevelop.

> A second beta of KDE Studio will be out this monday. During the beta you
can buy
> the gold version (with tons of docs) for $35
Now there's somehthing I didn't like - we purchased theKompany's PowerPlant
Linux, thinking we would get KDEStudio.  on the box there's a good
screenshot of KDEstudio _gold_ while the CDs not only do not contain the
gold version, they also contained a non working copy of KDEstudio standard
edition - a pre 2.0 version !

Now for getting KDEstudio gold, which was the reason PowerPlant was
purchased, we need to shell an adittional $35. I think this is just plain
deception.

> For python development for Windows and Linux, you might want to try
thekompany's
> Black Adder product. URL:
> http://www.thekompany.com/products/blackadder/index.php3?dhtml_ok=1 - it
looks
> damn impressive from the screenshots, and you can download a limited free
> version there. The price is pretty cheap - $80 or $50 during the beta
period.
Sorry forgot about this one :-)

Oded

--
"It's the problem with having a logical mind and giving women the same
credit for ability as men... You can't contrive reasons to keep them safe."