I asked this a couple of days ago and didn't get an answer, so I'll re-phrase
and ask again. I was about to upgrade from Mandrake 7.2 to 8.0 when I read the
following message from Hetz which sort of **scared me off**. Since no-one
answered when I asked if anyone else seen this problem, can I assume that
Mandrake 8.0 DOES work with the Israeli keyboard and KDE ????

Since I mainly use KDE, this could be a real problem for me. So, I'd like to
hear from anyone who can confirm that the upgrade is safe. Of course, I'll
back up everything before I upgrade, but I really don't want to go to all
the trouble of upgrading and then going back to 7.2 from back-up.

TIA

> On 19-Apr-2001 Hetz Ben Hamo wrote:
>> Yeah, Mandrake 8 is nice, but it got few problems. When I approached to
>> submit them, the bugzilla there was down (connection refused) and I tried it
>> for 4 days...
>>
>> 1. If you select Israeli keyboard (I think the first one - not sure) and you
>> go on with the installation - then KDE simply won't come up - X will go up,
>> showing light blue screen, and then down. No errors on
>> /var/log/XFree86.0.log, other then KDE crashes on .xsessions-error file..

> to update from 7.2 to 8.0, but I don't want to screw up my system - and KDE
> is
> what I use, so crashing here will be a real problem :-). Of course, I'll back
> up everything before the update, but .....

Shlomo Solomon
E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://come.to/shlomo.solomon
Date: 26-Apr-2001   Time: 18:09:20

Message sent by XFMail on a LINUX Mandrake 7.2 machine