On Wed, May 23, 2001, Eran Levy wrote about "Re: ISP":
> Hi,
> Actcom gives static IPs for not much money (less than Netvision or
> Internet-zahav). Actcom service ADSL and again less than the other ISPs (as
> I know). But, I recommend Netvision or Internet-zahav and I cant understand
> why you left them because I think they are giving a good service and
> offers. anyway, No-One of the ISPs like IP-masq.

Several people have already mentioned ISPs liking or not liking masquarading.
What does that mean? They have no way of finding out (and should not be
interested) on whether you're connecting one machine to the Internet, two
machines in your home (using one machine as the gateway doing masquarading)
or a dozen machines. You get a specific allowance of bandwidth, and you
can do with it what you want. Some people have one machine connected to
ADSL and download Linux distributions or listen to online music all day,
and other people connect 3 machines with very light email and occasional
surfing load.

Do the ISPs actually care (I mean, is it in their contract) whether you do
the former or the latter? How come?

--
Nadav Har'El                        |     Wednesday, May 23 2001, 1 Sivan 5761
Phone: +972-53-245868, ICQ 13349191 |Support bacteria - they're the only