On Mon, 11 Jun 2001, Shlomo Matichin wrote:

> well, it a bit beyond that. when you are NAT-ing, you are considered a
> router, so when a packet that it bigger than the MTU of the outgoing
> link is sent, you drop the packet. but an ICMP message "please fragment"
> returns to the original sender.

Cool. I just learned something new.
Then where exactly is the fragmentation mechanism broken in the Orkit
Atur3 modems? do they simply not send out the "please fragment" ICMP
packet?

Whoever replies to this question, see if you can post a solution on how we
(users) can cope with large packets coming form the ISP side of the tunnel
which the ATUR3 cannot ask to fragment or cannot handle fragmented
because it's broken.

I believe this is the cause of all the people who DID limit the ppp
interface to 1452 MTU, yet still have problems with some sessions,
especially with a large incoming stream (downloads, heavy web pages, etc.)

 ---= Cell: (+972)-56-322433 =--------
   ---= Windows Programmer in Rehab =---

"If at first you don't succeed...
.. Skydiving is probbably not for you."