On Thu, Jul 05, 2001, Alon Barzilai wrote about "sendmsil Q":

> is there a method to configure sendmail in a way,
> that on one address/port it will have one set of relaying rules,
> and on another address/port it will have another ?
>..
> how can I configure sendmail to do that ?
> or alternatively, is there a way to run 2 sendmails on the same machine
> ?
> I have sendmail 8.11.2 on RH 7.1.

I don't know how to get one sendmail to exhibit two different behaviors
at the same time (may somebody else knows), but to get sendmail to listen
only to one IP address (so that another sendmail process running can listen
to the other IP address - of course, you'll need them to read seperate
config files, and most likely different queue directories... this might
get complicated...), put in

/etc/mail/sendmail.mc

A line like
DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=smtp,Addr=1.2.3.4, Name=MTA')

(1.2.3.4 is the address you want to listen on). If such line already appeared
there, remove it first.

Then run  m4 /etc/mail/sendmail.mc > /etc/sendmail.cf
and restart sendmail.

--
Nadav Har'El                        |    Thursday, Jul  5 2001, 14 Tammuz 5761
Phone: +972-53-245868, ICQ 13349191 |The two most common elements in the