Arie Vayner wrote:

>Hi Guys,
>
>As the one in charge of the technical ADSL issues in Netvision, I can answer
>all the questions below...
>
>We have encountered a problem with our RedBack machine, which was not
>fragmenting packets with the DF bit set (as normal routers should do). It
>WAS sending the ICMP unreachable message, but walla are filtering ICMP, so
>the web servers never got the ICMP message, and could not make the MTU
>smaller.

<scratch head and wrinkle forehead>
why are walla filtering ICMP?
What does Walla have to do with this anyway?

So if my dest is unreachable, I won't get "Dest unreachable" ICMP?
If TTL epires,  I won't know that?
Can anyone check whether traceroute works?
Ping?

ICMPs are part of the IP transport layer to support messages. Why are
they being filtered?

            Shachar