I can give some summary about my "quest" for the official
distribution in Israel SuSE  .

I tried to get SuSE latest version (7.3) from all sources -- and did not
succeed  :
PF1 stopped to import it and the same situation with another company
from
Raanana which SuSE site listed as their second Israeli supplier.
Amazon is supplying it in U.S. only (don't know the cause)-- and the
same
situation was encountered after some
non-extensive checkings on other US  sw. selling sites .

BTW- not sure, but SuSE site sells it for 78 US $ "only"-- not 130.
I totaly agree with Nadav-Har'El opinion about this distribution first
class
quality--
I used 6.1 for a long time (bought on BUG on September 1999)--
but on work we could not obtain
SuSE 7.3 (we needed it because we thought that  2.4.15) would
give us some Posix IPC features.
SuSE site mentions that they sell only in E.U. -- very curious
behaviour...
We ended up on RH7.1 (2.4.10 & updated afterwards to 2.4.15).
It is an unfortunate situation that such a succesfull distribution
can not be easily obtained around here--  I mean their all
goodies, i.e. 2300 packages (and manuals).

Edy