I think that Stiven's letter is actually on-topic.

According to his description, he and his friends are using the best
approach to learn to manage Linux networks.  I think that the only
solution to their problem is what he has just done - post their story to
the Linux-IL mailing list and hope to find a work in a company run by one
of the list participants, and which *really* knows how to evaluate job
applicants.

On Thu, 13 Dec 2001, Stiven Andre wrote:

> Hi list.
>
> Sorry to be off topic but here is the only place where I can ask it and
> be sure to recieve a correct answer.
> I am at age of 18(before army) and completely confused how to get good
> education in israel.
> The only acceptable course I found is a RHCE from sivan.co.il.
> But curretly I don't have anything so will it help me if I will have RHCE ?
> Do I need full "bagrut" to get good job ? will any of Micro$oft
> courses(A+,Network+) help me in my Linux feuture ?
> I know about 4 of my friends that have the same problem, we don't know what
> and where to learn even if we have money. We all dream about becoming linux
> network admins but we don't know where to start our carrier. We read every
> how-to we find we spend money to keep our free server always on-line to get
> expirience but when we go to computer shop to find any PC related job they
> ask us: where did you learn ? what certs you have ? and if we say something
> about linux they lought and say common leave us alone please. I belieave
> that many of you people pasted the same. Can you tell me what way should
> people like me go ?

                                             --- Omer
There is no certified IGLU Cabal.  Linus was not officially certified as a
Linux expert.  Other people were too busy learning electronics engineering
to get a Linux certification, too.
WARNING TO SPAMMERS:  see at http://www.zak.co.il/spamwarning.html