Unless someone (the word "Nadav" seems to pop into my head, for no
apparent reason) you are trying to send mail to is running an "RBL+"
filter, which also filters out dial-up IPs, and bingo - you cannot send
them mail.

No, running your own mail server is not always a good idea. I have a
solution that works for me (a colocated server that runs "smtp after
pop", which means you can relay through it if you first read your mail
from it), but running two plugs for fiasco on the same week seems like
too much :). You can try and get Actcom to do an "SMTP after POP"
arrangment. In any case, don't get mad at them for not relaying.
Relaying is BAAAD.

                Shachar