Oleg Goldshmidt wrote:

> Eli Marmor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > After zillion things that I've tried, I decided to set the MTU to 1500,
> > *CONTRARY* to what the howto says (1452).
> > Surprisingly, it resolved everything, and now it's working like crazy.
>
> How interesting. My experience agrees with the HOWTO, e.g. I recall I
> could not fetch my mail until I reduced the MTU.

An important question: Before fixing it, what did you have in the pptp
command?  No MTU at all?  Or a high (i.e. 1500) MTU?

If there was a "wrong" MTU, then maybe the solution is to omit the MTU
flag and let pptp (or pppd) "decide" what MTU to use; I received today
some responses from people who resolved their problems by just omiting
the "mtu 1452" from their command, even without replacing it by their
own preference (i.e. "mtu 1500").

--
Eli Marmor
[EMAIL PROTECTED]