On Sat, Jan 19, 2002, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote about "Re: Konsole Hebrew - again
(more details)":
> Strangely enough, when I try sending the Hebrew SMS, I get an error message
> from Nadav's script:
>
> Send failed because phone 058522264 does not support Hebrew SMSs.
>
> This is not true - the phone **does** support Hebrew. I looked at the Perl code
> in the script, but don't see the problem.  BTW - I get the same error
> message whether I use iconv as Ilya suggested, or use the konsole utf8
> output directly.

You should give sendsms iso8859-8 Hebrew, not utf8.
Anyway, if you see the "does not support Hebrew SMSs", as you can see in the
code it is because Cellcom gave such an error (but in Hebrew) when I tried
to send the message - there's nothing the script can do to fix that. Please
try sending a message manually on Cellcom's site, and see if you don't get
the same message again.

Cellcom apparently keeps records on whether each phone supports Hebrew SMSs
or not. The fact that your phone menus are in Hebrew *DOES NOT* mean it can
receive Hebrew SMSs - for example my Nokia 5120 cannot receive Hebrew SMSs!
Only later models (which they marked "5120i" can receive Hebrew SMSs (and
also send SMSs).

--
Nadav Har'El                        |       Sunday, Jan 20 2002, 7 Shevat 5762
Phone: +972-53-245868, ICQ 13349191 |There are 2 ways to do it - my way and