[Context: some time ago I asked about using libm functions such as
exp, log, pow in a kernel module]

Shlomi Fish <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> 1. Rip the i386's log implementation from glibc and use it for i386
> modules. It was very hard.

Actually, it occured to me that if I needed an exponent I could

ar x /usr/lib/libm.a e_exp.o

and then

ld -m elf_i386 -r -o mymath.o my_math.o e_exp.o

where my_math.c containes initialization and cleanup - this seems to
work just fine, and saves me quite a bit of assembly-level headache
associated with ripping glibc code to pieces.

Other libm functions may be added in a similar manner.

--
Oleg Goldshmidt | [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[Lisp] is the only computer language that is beautiful.