On 04/18/2002 02:16:49 PM ZE3 guy keren wrote:

>the free tools (e.g. efence) ...

did the job. We caught the little fuck. Thanks. We're now one
dev-proggie-the-wiser.

>go into commerce-land. for linux - you should buy 'insure++' from
>parasoft. it should also be available for solaris. purify IMO is a better
>tool, available for solaris, but not for linux.

Our product runs both on Solaris and Linux. I'm going to be evaluating (and
buying if it does the job) insure++. Thanks for the pointer.

Thanks for everyone who answered :-)

--
Miki Shapiro <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Unixophilic Software Developer

On 04/18/2002 02:16:49 PM ZE3 guy keren wrote:

>On Thu, 18 Apr 2002 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
>> I have a problem where a quite heavy multi-threaded application's heap
gets
>> corrupt (my code's fault) - probbably cuz some variable I accidentally
>> forgot to initialize points there, or something similar.
>
>[... snip ...]
>
>> I'm looking for bound-checker-equivalent for Linux (and Solaris8 if
>> possible) - things that can track changes to the heap, and things that
may
>> help me track this nasty roach.
>
>go into commerce-land. for linux - you should buy 'insure++' from
>parasoft. it should also be available for solaris. purify IMO is a better
>tool, available for solaris, but not for linux.
>
>the free tools (e.g. efence) are _NOT_ thread safe, and cannot be used for
>programs that use a lot of memory. btw, i've read of someone who took
>efence's source code and wrapped all its memory allocation calls with a
>mutex, turning it to a thread-safe library. but the code distributed with
>linux distros seem to still be the non-thread-safe code.
>
>--
>guy
>
>"For world domination - press 1,
> or dial 0, and please hold, for the creator." -- nob o. dy

The content of this email and any attachments are confidential and intended
for the named recipient(s) only.

If you have received this email in error please notify the sender immediately.
Do not disclose the content of this message or make copies.

This email was scanned by eSafe Mail for viruses, vandals  and other
malicious content.