hi,
i'm not a sysadmin, but worked a bit on linux during my first degree, so
please be kind (and rewind) and try to answer my questions as simple as you
can.
1. i have a lan with a linux and windows 2000. can i access the windows file
system from the linux? if so how?
2. can i allow logins (telnet logins) only from know ip's, without
installing a firewall?

if you know of a site, or how-to for my questions please send me a link and
i'll read and learn myself, the problem is i dont know exacly where to start
(subject name to search) and i'm getting a lot of junk.

thanks
alon