On Mon, Jun 10, 2002 at 03:31:10PM +0300, Shachar Shemesh wrote:

> Muli Ben-Yehuda wrote:
>
> >As for implying that we might write kernel modules in C++, sir, such a
> >comment would cause me (as a Qlusters kernel hacker) to demand
> >satisfaction at dawn, sir. I'll settle for a beer after the revolution
> >OS event, though ;)
> >

> Do NOT open for discussion things which you don't want to hear the
> answer to.

We hear far too much about C++ in the kernel, 95% of the times from
people who didn't bother to read the FAQ, and the other 5% from
trolls.

http://www.tux.org/lkml/#s15-3

> I will not attend the Revolution OS event, as I will be in Las Vegas
> (http://www.defcon.org). Last time I gave you that answer, you
> threatened my life, but as this is what you are trying to do here
> anyways.......

Oh, but that time it was due to envy and only partly in jest, and this
time it was completely in jest. Defcon is no longer as interesting as
it was, and OLS has superceeded it as my number one favorite con.

> P.S.
> Never tried to imply that you were using C++ in the kernel.

I know. No slight intended, and I certainly hope no slight was
received.
--
Highday 19 Forelithe 7466

http://vipe.technion.ac.il/~mulix/