On Mon, Jul 08, 2002, Nadav Har'El wrote about "Re: (OFF TOPIC) mickey mice :)":
> Hi Mousketeers!
> (slowly)
> Now's the time to say goodbye
> To all our company
> M-I-C... "C" ya real soon!
> K-E-Y... "Y"? Because we like you!
> M-O-U-S-E!

Apparently some people haven't got a clue what this means, or to what
tune to sing it. Maybe if you listen to the Mickey Mouse Club themesong
at
        http://nadav.harel.org.il/pub/mickeymouse.mp3
it will refresh your memory :)

And to make this post *slightly* Linux-related, here is a short explanation
how I converted the horrible-sounding and big 900K WAV file from
http://www.fortunecity.com/millenium/plumpton/345/index2.html
into a 160K MP3 file linked above:

I'm using the MP3 encoder called "notlame" (check google - there should
even be an RPM for it floating around). It requires 16-bit samples, not
8-bit samples like we have in the original WAV file. I used the "sox"
utility to make the conversion:
        sox march1.wav  -w zzz.wav
On second thought, I threw in a lowpass filter to get rid of the
annoying hissing sounds:
        sox march1.wav  -w zzz.wav lowpass 2100
Now, I could call notlame, with a low bitrate and mono mode:
        notlame -b 16k -h -m mono zzz.wav mickeymouse.mp3
And we have our mp3.

--
Nadav Har'El                        |      Tuesday, Jul 9 2002, 29 Tammuz 5762
Phone: +972-53-245868, ICQ 13349191 |Experience is what lets you recognize a