On Thu, 2002-08-29 at 10:19, Hetz Ben Hamo wrote:
> > > One thing that you might want to do - is convert your resume to Word
> > > format also, those HR departments love it as .doc and not as .pdf ;)
> >
> > and thats relevant to the list because....?
> >

> Because NONE of the HR departments are accepting PDF! and if someone wants to
> find a job, he better have a .DOC version handy and ready to be send. Heck,
> you can't even send them to a URL which contains the document!
>
> So I think it's relevant if our friend Gilad wants to find a job quickly. I
> know few people here who I consider Linux experts which they can't find a job
> for few months already, so the last thing that you want to do is to insist on
> a PDF format file Tal, and as I wrote in my reply - I'm in this shit already
> and I'm sending CV's in masses, only 1 so far wanted a PDF version and that
> was someone from this list.

Hetz, I will try to be gentle here. Have you considered the possibility
that the problem lies with what is written in the CV and not the format
used to encode it? enough said....

More to the point, I have an RTF version as well at
http://benyossef.com/resume.rtf

> <extremly_offtopic>
> Gilad, I don't know your reason to leave a job, but I don't know anyone who
> isn't now sticking their neils and glueing their asses to the chair in their
> workplace in this time, but I REALLY hope you'll find something soon.
> </extremly_offtopic>

Anything that you own or have (a job in this case) that you cannot let
go of, isn't really yours - it owns you. I'm not a very good slave. The
following lines from the Hackers-HOWTO say it best when it talks about
the Hacker attitude toward authority:

" This isn't the same as fighting all authority. Children need to be
guided and criminals restrained. A hacker may agree to accept some kinds
of authority in order to get something he wants more than the time he
spends following orders. But that's a limited, conscious bargain; the
kind of personal surrender authoritarians want is not on offer. "

And that may not be so off topic to the discussions of a free software
mailing list after all... :-)

Gilad.