Gabor Szabo wrote:

> I am considering replacing my phone/modem connection via Barak by a
> Cable connection.

I have a Golden Channels (Arutzi Zahav) cable modem. I use Netvision as
the ISP. It works well for me.

> Recently there was a discussion on this list regarding ADSL and Linux
> support by the ISPs where it seemd (to me) that except of Actcom all
> other ISPs, well don't work perfectly with Linux and masquarading.

Nope, netvision works fine for me, and their linux support person exists,
and knows his stuff. He even calls you back when he says he will. Once
he was 1/2 late and appologized.

I use a PI 166 with 32m ram and two ethernet cards. It runs RH7.2 plus
the pptp linux software downloaded from sourceforge. I have it set up
to do IP masquerading. Works fine.

Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson
Bloomberg L.P., BFM (Israel) 2 hours ahead of London, 7 hours ahead of New York.