On Sunday 01 September 2002 21:06, Guy Cohen wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 01, 2002 at 08:54:51PM +0300, Ely Levy wrote:
> > Those things as a way to come back at you when ignored.
> > You don't see the problem now, sure.
> > think of it this way the company this guy works for suddenly wants to get
> > rid of linux-il for whatever reason, what easier way than the sue the
> > hell out of everyone for archiving the message?
>
> I'm not a lawyer buy im wondering what is their case. Having your
> mail server auto-add a message claiming your message is the property
> of your boss, and adds a "do not touch" sign, makes it legal for them
> to sue you by Israeli law? by *any* law?

basicly, yes.
what that signature says can be manipulated in many ways, to suit many needs
when needed. its kinda tricky, and the fact that we are arguing about this
here for several hours makes exactly that point ;)

bottom line : its not clear, it makes us jumpy - loose it ! or else..  ;)

tal.

> > Ely Levy
> > System group
> > Hebrew University
> > Jerusalem Israel

> > > What about the innocent web surfer that browes the list archive?
> > > can you take him to court marshal and execute him for viewing the
> > > secret massage?
> > >
> > > Bottom line... it's another way of advertising.
> > >

> > > BTW: this message will self destruct in 5 seconds ...
> > > (unless you fully accomplish the verbal test at
> > > http://I've.send.email.to.a.mailing.list.there.for.i.am.com/bs.htm)
> > >
> > > --
> > > Unix Administration,       |      http://www.unixadmin.co.il
> > > locally and remotely.      |      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > > Planning, installation,    |      Phone: 972-3-6201373
> > > support & upgrades.        |      Location: Unrestricted

Amir Tal
Owner, Founder
Whatsup, Hebrew Linux Portal
Voice:                +972-8-9363164
Cell:                   +972-58-978979
ICQ:                   15748705
Email:                 [EMAIL PROTECTED]