A site which ought to be displayed in Hebrew shows up in iso-8859-1. It is
made up of frames, and konqueror does not allow for frames to be forced to
display in a different encoding, so for all practical purposes it is
unreadable (oh, I could do a open frame in new window, I know). I looked at
the sources, and found that one meta tag had been commented out, while
another one was added to instruct the browser to display in logical Hebrew:

<HEAD>
<!-- WESTERN EUROPEAN
-->
<!-- HEBREW ISO-Logical -->
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=iso-8859-8-i">
..
</HEAD>

Yet konqueror shows it in iso-8859-1. Is konqueror here standards compliant,
and if so whyis such code non standard. Alternativley, should I submit a bug
report?

Another issue is the following code, which works, but I don't know why. I
think it should all be considered a comment, yet the code from the second
<!-- BODY BACKGROUND="images/background.gif">
<BODY LINK="#003366" VLINK="#003366">

<CENTER>
<FONT STYLE="font: 50pt Times New Roman; color: #003366"><B>ירושלמי
Online</B></FONT>
<BR><FONT STYLE="font: 16pt Times New Roman; align: right; color: #003366">by
<A HREF="http://www.seforimonline.org";
TARGET="_parent">SeforimOnline.org</A></FONT>
</CENTER>
</BODY>

Don't comments end in -->? Where is that closing tag in the body segment?

Arie Folger
--
It is absurd to seek to give an account of the matter to a man
who cannot himself give an account of anything; for insofar as