On Sat, Nov 09, 2002 at 01:23:14PM +0200, Oleg Kobets wrote:
> Maybe we can sell a pre-burned set's of cd's per order. I am willing to host
> and organize such a thing if people here will show their support on the
> matter. I have the means and a little time and money can be contributed to
> further promote Linux and sponsor parties and other Linux related
> activities.
>
> What do you think ?

Are you referring to both installation parties and to provide such a
service on a regular basis?

In the case of installation parties I believe there is a need for at
least a few 10s of CDs. As someone else has pointed out, it is not
realistic to produce them with a home CD writer. I believe this is true
even if there is more then one CD writer. Which means that they have to
be produced by an industrial process. However I believe one has to order
a couple of 100s CDs for this to be cheap enough.

BTW: I remember 2 posts lately looking for CDs. Were the CDs that were
looked for actually supplied? If so was that cheaper then guides.co.il?
Are there cheaper suppliers of Linux CDs then guides.co.il? I believe
Yotam is willing to supply Debian CDs for the cost of the media and
shipment or something like that on a regular basis. Are there other
people like him?
Personally I don't have a CD writer.

    Shaul Karl, [EMAIL PROTECTED] e t