On Wed, 2002-12-18 at 12:47, Ely Levy wrote:
> well I guess it changed a bit from the intreview of his.
> too bad I didn't keep the link it was long ago.
> but I remember something about saying that if israel would invite him he
> would never come here cause we act like SA

This already happened to me several times, enough that I'll remark on
it, that certain people (sometime from the media) represent RMS, his
views and behavior, in very different ways then my own personal first
hand impressions of him.

Now, it can only be accepted that some difference of views will exists,
but this goes beyond this. Also, although I admire many things that RMS
does or the way he thinks I do not idolize him.

I guess the best advice is - don't listen to other people impression,
talk to the man in person (or read his own words) and judge for
yourselves.

Having said, my personal opinion is that he is a very very smart person
which has a very far reaching vision. The problem is that because he
sees things so clearly he has a hard time explaining to people how he
gets to his conclusions, which are really very very logical on their
own, and this makes his views seems absurd at the time.

However, 5 years after the fact you see exactly what he was thinking of
and then you say: "Hey?! what do you know? he was right after all...".
After this happens a couple of times you begin to appreciate him much
more.

If you want to have a taste of what I've just written, go look in these
two links and note the dates in which they we're published/happened:

http://www.freesklyarov.org/

Also ask yourself what had been the result of the latter if RMS and like
minded people haven't been rising up to support our rights.

For me, it was a eye opener.

Gilad.

--
 Gilad Ben-Yossef <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>