Quoting Shoshannah Forbes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Just wondering- where did you get your figures from?
> The numbers I have seen claim that making a site that adheres to
> standards is actually cheaper then creating a site geared to one
> browser.
> Provided, of corse, that you don't really on some horribly broken code
> (which I have seen in too many large Israeli sites).

Well, working as a web programmer for a long time now, you can't imagine how
childish bosses are. They simply want that "cool" feature that scrolls
unimportant information on the side. They love huge images that cause sites to
load slooow on the (still more common) 56K modems. They want those Javascript
thingies that disable right-click on copyrighted images. Go tell them that any
self-respecting thief knows how to steal the image without a right click, and
that there is no way in the world to make it completely browser-compatible. They
enjoy popping up windows that have some informative data (try to tell them that
people *hate* pop-ups, and that many have them disabled in their browser, so
they won't get the "important information"). DHTML menues are very high on their
list of features, despite the fact that there are always browsers they'll break.

In short, do you believe people are rational? Read what the Israeli professor
got that Nobel Prize in economics for.

Herouth