Quoth Oleg Goldshmidt on Wed, Jan 15, 2003:
> "[Transmeta] claims its approach offers increased security for wireless
> computing, protects sensitive data, "deters intellectual property
> theft" (read Digital Rights Management (DRM) Inside) and delivers
> tamper-resistant, x86 storage environments."

Come on!  Building crypto into the processor and enhancing
security is a GOOD THING[TM], *despite* the fact that DRM was
mentioned _by a third party_ in an article about the processor in
question.

And securing information does not necessarily mean betraying the
free world, regardless of what RMS says.  Ever heard about
privacy?  (And remember GPG -- is RMS a traitor?)

Vadik.

--
I was part of that strange race of people aptly described as spending
their lives doing things they detest to make money they don't want to