-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of Shaul Karl
Sent: Sunday, January 19, 2003 11:47 PM
To: Yakov Broido
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Samsung ADSL modems

On Sun, Jan 19, 2003 at 07:47:56PM +0200, Yakov Broido wrote:
> A small correction...
> The modem you are talking about is Samsung E300IL, which as you said a
> crippled version specificly made for bezeq. The thing is that I am
> pretty sure that inside its more or less the same modem as E300 ,
exept
> for one thing. Its web consule has a non standard password, which
isn?t
> documented anywhere.. and the only difference between the manual for
> E300 and E300IL is the lack of web configuration in E300IL.

  Can you actually being asked for the password and that is where you
get stacked because you can't supply it? Just wondering about the
possibility to break the password. Xavier Gentoo also said that the
Samsung lack some CLI setup. Is this another difference or is it likely
to have this setup menu once the password get broken? Did you actually
got the E300 manual, perhaps from the web?

>                                                             Which
> without it leaves the modem more or less a black( or a blue ;) ) box
> which cant be configured.
>

> I played with this modem and once I installed pppoe it worked pretty
> nice,
> Though still I will never trade my alcatel for this ... never.
> They will have to pass me first.

  If it is working nicely why wouldn't you give up the Alcatel one?

--

    Shaul Karl, [EMAIL PROTECTED] e t