My problem is more basic - I don't even know how to test the printer
from the Linux box -- how can I send a print job to the spool from the
command line? The test I did just sends a raw PS to the LPT port -- it
don't think it validates the printer installation is correct. And I
already did the Samba configuration shown in the link, and the printer
is shown on the Win computers.

Thanks.

Alon.