> > My problem is more basic - I don't even know how to test
> the printer
> > from the Linux box -- how can I send a print job to the
> spool from the
> > command line? The test I did just sends a raw PS to the LPT
> port -- it
> > don't think it validates the printer installation is correct. And I
> > already did the Samba configuration shown in the link, and
> the printer
> > is shown on the Win computers.
>
> Well, start by installing CUPS, then just open a web browser
> and go to
> http://localhost:630 and configure your printer, so make sure
> it prints. If
> you got it to print so far - thats good..
>
> Next - in order to sure, read the DOCS in the link I gave you
> in my previous
> email..
>
> Thanks,
> Hetz

OK. I installed CUPS, and printed a test page successfully from the
Linux box. I configured Samba to use CUPS for printing (printing = cups,
printcap = cups), tried a few configurations in the [printers] share
(according to a few tutorials) -- the best I can get is to see the
printer in the Windows box, but I can't print a test page...
On one box it says no permission, on the other it just says it can't
send the print job.

?