On Tue, 21 Jan 2003, Alon Altman wrote:

> Maybe create a whitelist instead?
>
>   In each category (news, finance, bank, etc.) label the best site(s) in the
> category and the shortcomings (if any) with them. That way, people might
> start making decisions based on the list and site owners might start getting
> concerned.
>
>   This can be done in addition to the blacklisting of extremely bad sites
> (like those who block non-IE browsers or crash Mozilla).

Thinking it about a bit more I disagree with the term 'blacklisting'.
I'd prefer the bug reporting notion.

Gabor
ps. I have started to overtake a project which is nearly finished.
It is using a lot of javascript and - though I have not tested it yet -
I am nearly sure it won't work in a lot of browsers except IE 6.0

The customer at this point cannot afford to rewrite the site, maybe later
once he can show his sponsors that the site is up and running.

So far I though that we can open the site like this or we can change the
scripts that for browsers it is known that it does not work it will redirect
to a splash page saying it cannot work with this browser.

What should I do ?