On Tue, 21 Jan 2003, Alon Altman wrote:

> On Tue, 21 Jan 2003, Gabor Szabo wrote:
>
> > ps. I have started to overtake a project which is nearly finished.
> > It is using a lot of javascript and - though I have not tested it yet -
> > I am nearly sure it won't work in a lot of browsers except IE 6.0
> >

> > What should I do ?
>
>   If you can, leave the project.
So shall I leave it so when they finally release it we can fingerpoint
and say it does not work in Mozilla ?

No way. This is the opportunity to educate and make the difference.

> Otherwise, try to create a ultra-clean
> no-javascript text-only version of the page which will work on all browsers.
> Then, add a link between the two sites while defaulting based on HTTP
> browser detection.
>
> Later - rewrite the site based on standards.

this is a better suggesttion and this brings me back to a previous thread
on how to check a site with various browsers in reasonable cost and time.

Note that even if you build standard based site you still need to test but
it will be probably faster and you will find less problems. One would
hope.

Gabor